Durkk "Retro" Retrograde
Inquisitor of Cayden Cailean
David’s Campaign House Rules
Updated: 9 July 2017
Character Level: 5
Dwarven Inquisitor of Cayden Cailean 5
Archetypes: Sanctified Slayer
Chaotic Good, Medium humanoid (Dwarf), Male
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11
|Go to Defense||Go to Inquisitor|
|Go to Offense||Go to Sanctified Slayer|
|Go to Statistics||Go to Dwarf|
|Go to Feats||Go to Combat Gear|
|Go to Skills|
touch 12, flat-footed 18 ( +6 Armor, +0 Deflection, +1 Dex,
+1 Dodge, +2 shield, +0 size)
CMD: 19 ( +3 BAB, +4 Str, +1 Dex, -0 Size, +1 Dodge, +0 Deflection)
+4 racial bonus to CMD vs. bull rush or trip
while standing on the ground. (Stability)
+4 dodge to AC vs. giant subtype (Defensive Training)
+2 racial bonus vs. poison. (Hardy)
Speed: 30 ft. (Travel Domain)
Rapier +8 (1D6 +4 18-20 x2) (Piercing)
Battleaxe +7 (1D8 +4 x3) (Slashing)
Warhammer +7 (1D8 +4 x3) (bludgeoning)
Dkwd Composite Shortbow +5 (1D6 +4 x3) (piercing), 2 handed, Range 70
[load out: 20 arrows]
Special Attacks: 2 Studied Target +2 Bonuses; Sneak Attack +1D6; Flanking +1D6
+1 bonus on attack rolls vs. orc and goblinoid subtypes
Bane (Su): Retro can imbue one of his weapons with the bane weapon special ability as a swift action. 8rds/day
Discern Lies (Sp): At 5th level, an inquisitor can discern lies 5rds/day
Inquisitor Spell-like ability: (CL 5; Concentration +8)
At Will – detect chaos, evil, good, or law.
Inquisitor Spells: (CL 5; Concentration +8)
- 0th Level DC 13 At Will (6 known)
- Brand: Creates permanent brand on target creature.
- Create Water: Creates 2 gallons/level of pure water.
- Detect Magic: Detects all spells and magic items within 60 ft.
- Guidance: +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
- Light: Object shines like a torch.
- Stabilize: Cause a dying creature to stabilize.
- 1st Level DC 14 5/day (4 known)
- Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 damage + 1/level (max +5).
- Deadeye’s Lore: Gain a +4 bonus on Survival and move full speed while tracking.
- Divine Favor: You gain +1 per three levels on attack and damage rolls.
- Protection from Evil: +2 to AC and saves, plus additional protection against selected alignment.
- 2nd Level DC 15 3/day (3 known)
- When ever selecting a new studied target will always roll knowledge checks.
- If sneaking up on an opponent will study target before moving to engage.
- Will always seek to gain a flank to maximize damage.
- Vs. tough opponents will consider putting away shield to swing 2-handed if using either axe or hammer (Rapier can’t be used 2-handed) and using Bane ability
- If terrain and engagement offer multiple rounds of ranged combat will use bow.
BAB: +3; (Inquisitor: +3)
Mods: Str +4; Dex +1
CMB: +7; (BAB +3; Str +4)
CMD: 18; (BAB +3; Str +4; Dex +1)
Languages: Common, Dwarven
- Inquisitor Teamwork 3rd: Precise Strike (Combat, Teamwork):
- When flanking, you deal an additional 1d6 points of precision damage with each successful melee attack.
- 1st: Steel Soul:
- +4 racial bonus on saves against spells and spell-like abilities
- 3rd: Dodge:
- +1 dodge bonus to AC
- 5th: Extended Bane:
- Bane is extended a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom
|Acrobatics||Dex||1||3||1||0||+3 to Jump, Agile Breastplate|
|[X]||Craft ( )||Int||-1||-1||0|
|[X]||Craft ( )||Int||-1||-1||0|
|[X]||Knowledge (arcana)||Int||6||1||-1||3||3||Monster Lore|
|[X]||Knowledge (dungeoneering)||Int||6||1||-1||3||3||Monster Lore|
|Knowledge (history)||Int||3||1||-1||0||3||Monster Lore; +2 Dwarven History|
|Knowledge (local)||Int||3||1||-1||0||3||Monster Lore|
|[X]||Knowledge (nature)||Int||6||1||-1||3||3||Monster Lore|
|[X]||Knowledge (planes)||Int||6||1||-1||3||3||Monster Lore|
|[X]||Knowledge (religion)||Int||6||1||-1||3||3||Monster Lore|
|[X]||Profession ( )||Wis||3||0|
|[X]||Profession ( )||Wis||3||0|
|[X]||Sense Motive||Wis||9||1||3||3||2||Stern Gaze|
|Sleight of Hand||Dex||1||0|
|Use Magic Device||Cha||-3||0|
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Retro is proficient with all simple plus the hand crossbow, longbow, repeating crossbow, shortbow, and the favored weapon of his deity (Rapier – Cayden Cailean). He is also proficient with light armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower shields).
- Spells: An inquisitor casts divine spells drawn from the inquisitor spell list. he can cast any spell he knows at any time without preparing it ahead of time, assuming he has not yet used up his allotment of spells per day for the spell’s level.
- Upon reaching 5th level, and at every third inquisitor level thereafter (8th, 11th, and so on), an inquisitor can choose to learn a new spell in place of one he already knows.
- Granted Powers: Increase your base speed by 10 feet.
- Agile Feet (Su): As a free action, you can gain increased mobility for 1 round. For the next round, you ignore all difficult terrain and do not take any penalties for moving through it. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
- Judgment (Su): Replaced by Study Target from Sanctified Slayer (Archetype).
- Monster Lore (Ex): The inquisitor adds his Wisdom modifier on Knowledge skill checks in addition to his Intelligence modifier, when making skill checks to identify the abilities and weaknesses of creatures.
- Orisons: Inquisitors learn a number of orisons, or 0-level spells, as noted on Table 2–4 under “Spells Known.” These spells are cast like any other spell, but they are not expended when cast and may be used again. Orisons prepared using other spell slots, such as those due to metamagic feats, are expended normally.
- Stern Gaze (Ex): Inquisitors are skilled at sensing deception and intimidating their foes. An inquisitor receives a morale bonus on all Intimidate and Sense Motive checks equal to 1/2 his inquisitor level (minimum +1).
- Cunning Initiative (Ex): At 2nd level, an inquisitor adds his Wisdom modifier on initiative checks, in addition to his Dexterity modifier.
- Detect Alignment (Sp): At will, an inquisitor can use detect chaos, evil, good, or law. he can only use one of these at any given time.
- Track (Ex): At 2nd level, an inquisitor adds half his level on Survival skill checks made to follow or identify tracks.
- Solo Tactics (Ex): At 3rd level, all of the inquisitor’s allies are treated as if they possessed the same teamwork feats as the inquisitor for the purpose of determining whether the inquisitor receives a bonus from his teamwork feats. his allies do not receive any bonuses from these feats unless they actually possess the feats themselves. The allies’ positioning and actions must still meet the prerequisites listed in the teamwork feat for the inquisitor to receive the listed bonus.
- Teamwork Feat: At 3rd level, and every three levels thereafter, the inquisitor gains a bonus feat in addition to those gained from normal advancement. These bonus feats must be selected from those listed as teamwork feats. The inquisitor must meet the prerequisites of the selected bonus feat.
- As a standard action, the inquisitor can choose to learn a new bonus teamwork feat in place of the most recent bonus teamwork feat he has already learned. In effect, the inquisitor loses the bonus feat in exchange for the new one. he can only change the most recent teamwork feat gained. Whenever he gains a new teamwork feat, the previous teamwork feat becomes set and cannot be changed again. An inquisitor can change his most recent teamwork feat a number of times per day equal to his Wisdom modifier.
- Bane (Su): At 5th level, an inquisitor can imbue one of her weapons with the Bane weapon special ability as a swift action. She must select one creature type when she uses this ability (and a subtype if the creature type selected is humanoid or outsider). Once selected, the type can be changed as a swift action. This ability only functions while the inquisitor wields the weapon. If dropped or taken, the weapon resumes granting this ability if it is returned to the inquisitor before the duration expires. This ability lasts for a number of rounds per day equal to the inquisitor’s level. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.
- Discern Lies (Sp): At 5th level, an inquisitor can discern lies, as per the spell, for a number of rounds per day equal to her inquisitor level. These rounds do not need to be consecutive. Activating this ability is an immediate action.
- Studied Target (Ex): At 1st level, a sanctified slayer gains the slayer’s studied target class feature. he uses his inquisitor level as his effective slayer level to determine the effects of studied target. This ability replaces judgment 1/day.
- Slayer Studied Target (Ex):
- A slayer can study an opponent he can see as a move action. The slayer then gains a +1 bonus on Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks attempted against that opponent, and a +1 bonus on weapon attack rolls and weapon damage rolls against it. The DCs of slayer class abilities against that opponent increase by 1. A slayer can maintain these bonuses against only one opponent at a time; these bonuses remain in effect until either the opponent is dead or the slayer studies a new target.
- If a slayer deals sneak attack damage to a target, he can study that target as an immediate action, allowing him to apply his studied target bonuses against that target (including to the normal weapon damage roll).
- Slayer Studied Target (Ex):
- Sneak Attack (Ex):
- if a sanctified slayer catches an opponent unable to defend itself effectively from his attack, he can strike a vital spot to deal extra damage. The sanctified slayer’s attack deals additional damage anytime his target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the sanctified slayer flanks his target. This additional damage is 1d6 at 4th level, and increases by 1d6 every 3 levels thereafter. If a sanctified slayer scores a critical hit with the sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied. Ranged attacks count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.
- With a weapon that deals nonlethal damage (such as a sap, a whip, or an unarmed strike), a sanctified slayer can make a sneak attack that deals nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage. he cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage in a sneak attack, even with the usual –4 penalty.
- A sanctified slayer must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. A sanctified slayer cannot use sneak attack while striking a creature with concealment. This ability replaces the later iterations of the judgment ability.
Dwarven Racial Traits
- +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, –2 Charisma: Dwarves are both tough and wise, but also a bit gruff.
- Medium: Dwarves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Slow and Steady: Dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
- Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Defensive Training: Dwarves get a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype.
- Lorekeeper: (ARG) Dwarves keep extensive records about their history and the world around them. Dwarves with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (history) checks that pertain to dwarves or their enemies. They can make such skill checks untrained. This racial trait replaces Greed.
- Hatred: Dwarves receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and goblinoid subtypes due to special training against these hated foes.
- Hardy: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
- Stability: Dwarves receive a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
- Stonecunning: Dwarves receive a +2 bonus on Perception checks to potentially notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.
- Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages: Dwarves begin play speaking Common and Dwarven.
|Combat Gear:||Book price||Final price||Weight|
|+1 Shield enhancement Darkwood Buckler: Bonus +1, Check Penalty -0||1203||1203||2.5|
|Expendible Magic Items:|
|Scroll: 2 Bless (CL: 1, SpL: 1)||50||50|
|Darkwood Composite Shortbow Strength 18 +4 damage||695||695||1|
|Battleaxe Cold Iron||20||20||6|
|10 Cold Iron arrows carried in same quiver as other arrows|
|10 Cold Iron arrows with Silver Weapon Blanche|
|5 Acid flasks|
|MWk Agile Breastplate: Bonus +6, Max Dex +3, Check Penalty -3 |
armor check penalty for Climb and jump checks is -0
|Rations [trail] 7 day (3.5), Water skin (1), Bedroll (0.1), Blanket (0.5), Signal Whistle (0.8), Flint & Steel (1), Mess kit (.2), Hooded lantern (7), Lamp oil (0.1), 50’ knotted silk rope (10), Grappling hook (1), Explorer’s outfit (free)||25.2||25.2||28.5|
|Load limits: light = 100#; Medium = 200#; heavy = 300#|
|Total Spent, Total Weight:||5636.2||80.5|
|Total earned (As of 30 Jun 2017):||6000|
|Total Remaining Cash:||363.8|
|Retro’s Total Income:||6000|
|30 Jun 2017 Back-up Character starting wealth: Level -1 (3rd level)||3000|
|7 July 2017 Back-up character leveling up: Wealth = 4th level||3000|
HD: Cleric: 8, 6, 8, 6, 5 = 33
(Con 10, Favored 5 = 15)
(Smoking Anya’s pipe N/A)
Total: = 48
Durkk is the Grandson of Lord Retrograde. Lord Retrograde earned his name leading army units in which he turned retreats into decisive tactical advantages. Durkk Father, Duggan, is the 3rd son and so went out adventuring to earn his fortune. After a successful Run he settled in Clearwater with his other adventuring buddies and was the town metal smith.
Height: 3’ 9"