Happy "Trouble" Tordon
Halfling Oradin in Potencia
David’s Campaign House Rules
Updated: 15 June 2017
Character Level: 4
Halfling Paladin of Desna 4
Archetypes: Holy Guide and Oathbound Paladin: Oath of Vengeance
Lawful Good, small humanoid (halfling), Female
Init +3 ( +5 underground);
Senses: Perception +2 ( +4 underground)
|Go to Defense||Go to Holy Guide|
|Go to Offense||Go to Oath of Vengeance|
|Go to Statistics||Go to [future: Life Oracle]|
|Go to Feats||Go to Halfling|
|Go to Skills||Go to Fido|
|Go to Paladin||Go to Combat Gear|
AC: 18 (max 23)
touch 14 (19), flat-footed 15 (20) ( +0 Deflection, +3 Dex, +0 Dodge,
+1 size, +3 Armor, +1 shield)
CMD: 14 ( +2 BAB, +0 Str, +3 Dex, -1 Size, +0 Dodge, +0 Deflection)
+5 Deflection v. Smite target
HP: 43 +1 damage from cold iron weapons
+2 v. Death Effects
+2 v. Fear
Speed: 20 ft.
Kukri +5 (1D3 +0 18-20 x2) (slashing),
mwk Composite Longbow +9 (1D6 +0 x3) (piercing), 2 handed, Range 110
Point Blank: +1 to hit and damage within 30’
[load out 20 arrows – more on Fido]
Special Attacks: smite evil 2/day ( +5 attack and AC, +4 damage)
Paladin Spell-Like Abilities (CL ; concentration +9)
At will—detect evil
Paladin Prepared Spells (CL 1st; concentration +6)
1st – Grace, Hero’s Defiance
During Combat Trouble begins by creating separation between herself and the bad guys with FIDO and mounted combat. She identifies the biggest threats to her loved ones, then uses smite evil on the strongest evil opponent that threatens them. If she is confident she will win the battle, she continues to shoot the BBG with arrows while maneuvering to prevent melee contact until she is out of arrows. She only closes if she has to.
BAB: +4; (Paladin: +4)
Mods: Size +1; Str +0; Dex +3
CMB: +3; (BAB +4; Size -1; Str +0)
CMD: 16; (BAB +4; Size -1; Str +0; Dex +3)
Languages: Common, Halfling
- aura of good
- code of conduct:
- A paladin must be of lawful good alignment and loses all class features except proficiencies if she ever willingly commits an evil act.
- Never let lesser evils distract you from your pursuit of just vengeance.
- Detect evil: at will → Nerfed
- Smite: 2/day
- Lay on Hands: 2D6 +2 ( +4 more on self) healing 7/day
- Divine Grace: +Charisma bonus to all savings throws
- 1st: Fey Foundling: magical healing does an additional 2 points per die rolled. +2 v. death effects. suffer +1 point of damage from cold iron weapons.
- 3rd: Point Blank Shot: +1 to hit and damage within 30 feet.
- Paladin: Holy Guide 6th:
|[X]||Craft ( )||Int||-2||-2||0|
|[X]||Craft ( )||Int||-2||-2||0|
|[X]||Profession ( )||Wis||0||0|
|[X]||Profession ( )||Wis||0||0|
|[X]||Ride||Dex||10||1||3||3||4||Outrider, MW saddle|
|Sleight of Hand||Dex||3||0|
|Use Magic Device||Cha||4||0|
Aura of Good (Ex): The power of a paladin’s aura of good (see the detect good spell) is equal to her paladin level.
Detect Evil (Sp): At will, a paladin can use detect evil, as the spell. As a move action, concentrate on a single target within 60 feet and learn everything as if having studied it for 3 rounds. -NERFED: can’t use as detect outside of combat.
Smite Evil (Su): twice per day, As a swift action, Trouble chooses one target within sight to smite. Charisma Bonus ( +5) to hit and defection bonus to AC (net +5), level to damage +4.
Divine Grace (Su): Trouble gains a bonus equal to her Charisma bonus ( +5) on all saving throws.
Lay On Hands (Su): Trouble can heal wounds by touch: 2D6 +2 7/day (swift action and +4 on herself)
Aura of Courage (Su): Trouble is immune to fear (magical or otherwise). Each ally within 10 feet of her gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects. This ability functions only while the paladin is conscious, not if she is unconscious or dead.
Divine Health (Ex): Trouble is immune to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases, including mummy rot.
Channel Positive Energy (Su): Replaced with Channel Wrath. See Oath of Vengence Archetype.
Spells: Beginning at 4th level, a paladin gains the ability to cast a small number of divine spells which are drawn from the paladin spell list presented in Spell Lists. A paladin must choose and prepare her spells in advance. Her caster level is equal to her paladin level – 3.
- Class Skills: A holy guide gains Knowledge (geography) and Survival as class skills.
- Favored Terrain (Ex): Trouble chooses a favored terrain from the ranger favored terrains table. This ability otherwise functions as the ranger class feature of the same name. This ability replaces the mercy gained at 3rd level. Every time a holy guide would be able to select another mercy, he can instead select another favored terrain and increase his bonuses for one existing favored terrain, just as a ranger can.
- Underground (caves and dungeons)
- Ranger Favored Terrain (Ex): The ranger (Holy guide) gains a +2 bonus on initiative checks and Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, and Survival skill checks when he is in this terrain. A ranger (Holy Guide) traveling through his favored terrain normally leaves no trail and cannot be tracked (though he may leave a trail if he so chooses).
- Channel Wrath (Su): When an oathbound paladin reach 4th level, she can spend two uses of her lay on hands ability to gain an extra use of smite evil that day. This ability has no effect for a paladin who does not have the smite evil ability. This ability replaces channel positive energy.
Halfling Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength: Halflings are nimble and strong-willed, but their small stature makes them weaker than other races.
- Small: Halflings are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Slow Speed: Halflings have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Fearless: Halflings receive a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against fear. This bonus stacks with the bonus granted by halfling luck.
- Halfling Luck: Halflings receive a +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- Keen Senses: Halflings receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
- Outrider: Some halflings specialize in mounted combat. Halflings with this racial trait gain a +2 bonus on Handle Animal and Ride checks. This racial trait replaces the sure-footed racial trait.
- Weapon Familiarity: Halflings are proficient with slings and treat any weapon with the word “halfling” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Favored Class Options: Paladin: Add +1/2 hp to the paladin’s lay on hands ability (whether using it to heal or harm).
Wolfhound Riding Dog:
- Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8
- AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11 ( +2 Dex, +1 natural)
- hp 13 (2d8 +4); Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
- Speed 40 ft.; Melee bite +3 (1d6 +3 plus trip)
- Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
- Carry Capacity: Light 100, Med 200, heavy 300
- Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 15 (19 vs. trip)
- Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
- Skills Acrobatics +6 ( +14 jumping), Perception +8, Survival +1 ( +5 scent tracking);
- Racial Modifiers +4 Acrobatics when jumping, +4 Survival when tracking by scent
Combat Gear, Magic Items and Money
|Combat Gear:||Book price||Final price||Weight|
|Cloak of Resistance +1||1000||500||0.25|
|Ioun Torch: Grey Ioun stone with continual flame @ 12th level||75||75|
|Apprentice Cheating Gloves: |
Slot: Hand; Aura: faint transmutation; CL 3rd; Weight: —
These nondescript white gloves are a boon to minor spellcasters and fakes who are limited or lacking in magical ability or versatility. The wearer of these gloves can employ mage hand and prestidigitation at will.
|Expendible Magic Items:|
|Potion of CLW: 1D8 +1 ( +3) CL: 1||50||Loot||0|
|Darkwood Composite Longbow (masterwork)||415||415||0.75|
|103 arrows carried as a quivers of 20 |
|3 Alchemist’s Fire||60||loot||3|
|Studded Leather: Bonus +3, Max Dex +5, Check Penalty -1||25||25||10|
|Wolfhound Riding Dog See FIDO Above||150||150|
|Riding Saddle, Masterwork ( +2 ride checks)||75||75|
|Rations [trail] 7 day (3.5), Water skin (1), Bedroll (0.1), Blanket (0.5), Signal Whistle (0.8), Flint & Steel (1), Mess kit (.2), Hooded lantern (7), Lamp oil (0.1), 50’ knotted silk rope (10), Grappling hook (1), Explorer’s outfit (free)||25.2||25.2||7.125|
|Load limits: light = 25#; Medium = 50#; heavy = 75#|
|Total Spent, Total Weight:||2560.2||25.375|
|Total earned (As of 9 Jun 2017):||6767|
|Total Remaining Cash:||4206.8|
|Trouble’s Total Income:||6767|
|Starting Paladin Wealth||175|
|Egg Hunt 24 Mar 2017 (consolation because I wasn’t there)||500|
|Briand Assault 31 Mar 2017, (Loot: Potion CLW, net +3 arrows)||1322|
|Sold longbow and bought darkwood composite longbow 7 April 2017||-37.5|
|Search for kid & catacombs 7 Apr 2017 & 28 Apr 2017||2190|
|Several Sessions in May 2017||1800|
|Taking Down Thrush the Drake Rider 9 Jun 2017||817.5|
HD: Paladin: 10, 6, 9, 8 Oracle: 0 = 33
(Con 4, Favored 0 = 4)
(Smoking Anya’s pipe +6)
Total: = 43
Left on the doorstep in a small basket when an infant. No one knows where the baby came from or the circumstances that lead to her being left for her family. (Fey Foundling)
Growing up She has been happy and laughs at almost anything. She has always been aggressive defending her friends and has shown a knack for being anywhere that trouble happens… hence her nickname of “Trouble”.
Even as a small girl the bigger kids knew not to mess with her friends. There were several incidents where she lost the fight but won the war because the bullies knew that she would always mess them up regardless of consequences to herself if they went after her friends.
Trouble has “a beautiful soul” and wound up in the church of Desna. She has dedicated herself to protecting those she loves from the dangers of the wilderness around them. (Holy Guide)
As can happen with those that love to deeply, Trouble has a focus of will to eliminate threats that can be terrible to behold. (Oath of Vengeance)
Height: 2’ 11"
Weight: 30 lbs.
Eyes: Jade Green